8.12.08

Anime: Toshokan Sensou (Library War)

This anime was a totally wonderful surprise! I had seen it in the DVD shops before but was in two minds about buying it - it's usually the case for me when it comes to war-type anime! The only reason I decided to take a look at the synopsis on the interweb was because my all-time Irish anime buddy (Domou, Gary-kun!!!) recommended it. So glad I listened, I totally LOVE this anime series!

[SPOILER ALERT!!!]
The characters are great, funny, can't get enough of them! My favourites are, of course, Kasahara Iku and Doujou Atsushi - what an odd pairing, but so lovable! It's so cool that the two don't follow the usual rules - for one, the girl (Kasahara) is taller by 5 cm compared to Doujou!

One of the funniest scenes is when Doujou tried to pat Kasahara's head when she was wearing heals, hahaha! Another cute and funny moment is when Doujou was explaining the organisational structure of the Library Defence Force - ah, "chibi" moments! XD

And much as I like interesting storylines with in-depth plots and unexpected tragic moments, I also love happy endings! Predictable, but who cares! Although they didn't go into much detail as to what happened between the two main characters, it's pretty obvious from the last scene of the final episode (episode 12)! Thank-you so much to the creaters of this anime!!! I'm in anime heaven at the mo!

Anyway, if you want to know more about the anime, please check out its Wikipedia article.

"Beginning is easy, continuing is hard."
dr.rin | artist.mangaka

No comments: