6.2.07

What's the point?!

So once in a while, I get into this strange mood, in which I begin to question my purpose in life - something, I'm sure, everyone does at least once in his/her life. I guess the reason for my being in this mood is probably because of my Ph.D., which seems so never-ending! But I'm sure there is a light at the end of the dark and dreary tunnel, or so I keep telling myself. And hopefully, I'll see this light really soon.

So back to the original question - what is my purpose in life? I feel extremely restless. Why? Maybe because of:

1) where my career should be going (to chemically be or not to chemically be)
2) where I should be settling down (or am I meant to remain a wanderer of sorts?)
3) what I should do to make a significant change in this world (I feel so insignificant!)

Those are the major questions boggling my mind at this very moment. I'm sure at some other stage in my life, they'll be other questions to be figured out. I know I shouldn't worry about these things now, that I should focus at the matter at hand, my thesis, but I can't help it. So I decided to jot my thoughts down on virtual paper, it might ease my mind somewhat.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you. I welcome any advice you can offer. Danke for listening! Later!

[anime.character.of.the.blog: nakajima.youko of juuni.kokki]

No comments: