1.1.08

Is this for real?!

Well, I was visiting my favourite forum, and lo and behold, there was a post about free rice. So being the curious cat that I am, I decided to check it out! It's a charity website called FreeRice - there's a simple quiz where you are asked the meaning of a word (multiple choice questions, hehe) and for each answer you get right, you receive 10 grains of rice which will be distributed to those in need. Last night, I've managed to get 11000 grains, which from what I can gather from Google search, is about 1/2 pound of long-grain rice. Anyway, how is the rice paid for? Well, everytime a question is asked, there's a new ad at the bottom of the page, so the companies promoted in the ads are the ones who pay for the rice. Of course, I was still a little suspicious, so I checked it out - it was even commended on the BBC website (article)! So if anyone has a little spare time on the web now and again, please spend it on achieving some rice for charity! The link is here! :D

No comments: